ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Saturday Harms

  • To: "gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Saturday Harms
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:06:12 -0500

At the risk of driving some of you crazy, I'm going to relaunch this thread. I'm in "re-read email and extract" mode today.

My first comment is that my replies to the thread completely missed Eric's point. Sorry about that.

I want to pose a question or two, based on our discussion around the definition of fastflux (using Randy's terminology).

- What "harms" would be eradicated by the elimination of volatile compromised host service networks?

- For those that wouldn't be completely eradicated, for which harms would "eliminating volatile compromised host service networks" be your first choice among all mitigation options?

For inspiration, I give you the first four photographs in Marcie's latest farm-blog journal entry -- Mike causing mayhem with the chain saw.

http://aprairiehaven.com/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=616