ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Question -- what should happen at the core, and what at the edge?

  • To: Fast Flux Workgroup <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Question -- what should happen at the core, and what at the edge?
  • From: Kal Feher <kalman.feher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 02:33:17 +1000

> Question for the group -- presuming that this model is ok, what
> should we be putting at the core, and what at the edges, in our proposals?

I will answer this question in isolation to whether the diagram is fully
appropriate or not (I haven't had a chance to consider it enough).

We have already discussed that several deliverables should be released at
the conclusion of the group. Since we expect to get some best practices and
advice for dealing with FF, these should be targeted at the edge. This is
where our suggestions and or policies for reacting to FF incidents should be
targeted in my opinion. This would be both defensive activities (blacklists
and such) as well as response activities and policies (site take downs.
Obligations for hosters.. Etc)

The core/shared area is more the prevention side I would think. So policies
to reduce FF opportunities and guidance for future policies around malicious
rapid provisioning techniques should go to the core and somewhat to the
shared layer depending on the nature of the policy or guidance.

Hope that is what you were looking for.

--
Kal Feher

Melbourne IT Ltd