ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Fast Flux Definition - V4.1

  • To: <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Fast Flux Definition - V4.1
  • From: "Greg Aaron" <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:34:24 -0400

Perhaps key concepts are:

1.  Discerning intent very accurately requires manual examination of the
sites involved.  One could theoretically build a solution that detects flux,
and then scores the sites for intent.  Would you want that system to
automatically blacklist domains?  See #2...

2.  Taking down domains is a serious business.  When taking down domains, an
intervenor assumes risks, aspires to 100% accuracy, and does not want to
harm innocent parties.  That's why anti-phishing personnel visit potential
phish and check off certain criteria before they call it a phish and
initiate a take-down.

All best,
--Greg