ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Fast Flux Definition - V4.1

  • To: ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Fast Flux Definition - V4.1
  • From: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:02:40 -0700

Eric mentioned:

#The problem with insisting on examples, a point I attempted to make on a
#sub-list, is that (a) not finding one does not mean there are none,

But if none can be brought forward, what does that say about their
level of practical occurance? And if none can be brought forward, why
should a purely hypothetical occurance be a policy driver?

#it doesn't meet the research goal the WG is charged with,

Research requires evidence.

We've got plenty of evidence of criminal fastflux domains.

#An advocacy position which is example rich isn't necessarily any more
#correct for having examples.

But it *is* more empirically substantiable.

Either we like and rely on evidence/data, or we don't.

Regards,

Joe