ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] FW: Please provide statement of Interest

  • To: "mail=gnso-ff-pdp-may08@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ff-pdp-may08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] FW: Please provide statement of Interest
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 12:38:49 -0700

Beau Brendler  - Statement of Interest

My statement of interest should be relatively straightforward.

My name is Beau Brendler and I'm director of Consumer Reports WebWatch
(http://www.consumerwebwatch.org), the online investigative arm of Consumer
Reports magazine and Consumers Union, one of the world's largest consumer
advocacy organizations.

I'm also one of the elected North American regional representatives to the
ALAC, and it's in that capacity I have sought to join the working group. I was
asked to join in order to help keep the ALAC informed and, in turn, to help the
ALAC form any statements it may want to make. So for the moment, at least, I
plan to do more observing than commenting, as fast flux and other domain
security issues are relatively new territory for several members of the current
ALAC.

Regards,

Beau Brendler, Director