ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] i need some help formulating options for "next steps"

  • To: joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] i need some help formulating options for "next steps"
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:26:59 -0500

At 01:23 PM 8/25/2008, Joe St Sauver wrote:
#to your question about the little green boxes -- i'm hoping that when
#you click on the box, you'll either see choices (mostly yes or no,
#but sometimes little lists) or freeform.  try clicking on one of the
#boxes with "- - -" in it.  it should drop a list from which you can
#choose your answer.  the pre-formatting is there so that i can do
#arithmetic on the responses.

Ah, cool... I'd never seen that before (but I'm not a huge user/fan of
MS Office).

hopefully it works the same way if you open it in OpenOffice... i don't have a copy on this machine.

For the Y/N only items, would it make sense to remove the "second choice"
green field? (If you've answered Y or N, that's probably about it, eh?)

yeah -- it's a work-around. consider the "- - -" as your "don't know", "no answer" choice. i didn't want to pre-choose a default answer for folks

Any interest in probing for *why* folks answer Y or N (e.g., add a short
"Why?" text box?)

i'm mostly doing this as a poll. let's wait and see what the blobs look like, then write out our arguments for/against if they're needed. i'm kinda looking for 3 - 4 choices, with us recommending one.

How about including a "Neutral" or "Don't know" choice as well for the
current Y/N only items, too?

consider the "- - -" as that choice.