ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Internet Draft: Fast Flux Defense in DNS

  • To: Marc Perkel <marc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Internet Draft: Fast Flux Defense in DNS
  • From: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 06:44:29 -0700

Yes, Mark. This Internet-draft is a good example of work done in parallel by
two non-communicating parties with varying levels of expertise and "practical
data" resulting in dramatically different conclusions.

After reading Joe's email, I think we should just let the US Army reply to the
IETF regarding this I-D:-)

It would be interesting to understand what the army uses TTL/600 for but I
imagine it's one of those "we could tell you but then we'd have to kill you"
answers. Nonetheless, it would be interesting to collect at least a sample list
of network operators who use TTLs of 5 mins or less to illustrate there are
parties who use it in phishing and fraud attack networks and parties who use it
for other purposes.

On 8/27/08 6:14 PM, "Marc Perkel" <marc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, didn't we determine that stopping all fast flux was
a bad idea?