ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Final or Interim report for Cairo? (was; Placeholder comments on Section 8)

• To: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>, Fast Flux Workgroup <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Final or Interim report for Cairo? (was; Placeholder comments on Section 8)
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 10:25:43 -0500

i'll kick this over to a new thread to pull it out of the report-contributions you made.

the deadlines are derived from the conversation we had last week, in which we agreed that our goal is to get a Final report in front of the Council during the Cairo meeting. laying the tasks that need to happen end-to-end gets the report done 2 days before the meeting starts (you can look at the tasks/dates on the working-group home-page). slipping a week means that we don't have a Final report ready by Cairo, that's all.

one alternative is to go to Cairo with an Interim report, let the Council take the report out for the constituency-review and public-comment after the meeting and let staff summarize the responses -- that would give us a *lot* more time to refine the draft, but Mike Rodenbaugh was pretty opposed to this approach.

what do people want to do? drive for Final report, or ease the schedule and present an Interim report?

regarding your "voting in absentia" point -- have you and Marika figured out whether you *can* vote? my sense was that, as staff, you weren't supposed to participate in that way. what's the status of that conversation?

m

At 10:13 AM 9/8/2008, Dave Piscitello wrote:
This might work if I were coming home any time soon but I leave Sofia to attend meeting in Tallin Estonia. I get home late Saturday.

I need to understand what deadlines we must meet that cause you to say we are out of time. Can you please identify these for the WG to consider?

I'll also note that it's challenging to vote in absentia.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy