ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] leading up to next-week's call

  • To: "gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] leading up to next-week's call
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:51:08 -0500

here are a few notes on where we're at and where we're going.

Initial (vs Final) report for Cairo

Hearing no cries of outrage, we'll present an Initial Report to the GNSO Council at the Cairo meeting. This gives us more time to develop and polish the report -- but not a lot. I've published a new deadline of October 8th, so that the Council members have a reasonable amount of time to review what is turning out to be a pretty long document.

Drafting efforts

Several members of the working group are on the hook to do some drafting this week. Dave P. is going to expand those stubs that he submitted earlier in the week, Christian is going to take a stab at a section describing some of the conditions that made it so hard for us to reach consensus, Joe is going to redraft his submissions in "suggested text" format (and batch them up rather than sending one at a time), Marika has a number of assignments, and I want to bug the "data people" (Rod, Dave, etc.) to try to put together an appendix about the various flavors of research.

T'would be great to have these done by next Monday (the 15th) to give Marika a chance to fold your efforts into the Proposals List.

Obtaining opinions

We're going to have a *lot* of ground to cover on the call next Wednesday -- we deferred the controversial changes until then, because we didn't feel like we had a quorum on the call yesterday. So be prepared for a pretty intense conversation next week.

As we thought about that, the idea surfaced that perhaps we could do some of the opinion-collecting asynchronously, using online polls. In the spirit of eating my own cooking, here is a little SurveyMonkey poll to test the waters. Please follow the link below and let me know what you think.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=mWsqnuxxTFC7weYcti739g_3d_3d

If people feel it's a good idea, I'll build out a few detailed polls (maybe one per report-section) that we can use after we've hashed things on the phone call next Wednesday.

Thanks!

voice: 651-647-6109
fax: 866-280-2356

web: www.haven2.com