ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] I believe I've figured out a solution to the FF problem

  • To: gnso-ff-pdp-may08@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] I believe I've figured out a solution to the FF problem
  • From: Marc Perkel <marc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 05:17:47 -0700

I'm managed indirectly to get a hold of (indirectly) the ZONE data for several TLDs. Actually what I'm getting is a list of new zones added and compiled in a way that the listings are domains under 5 days old. I'm using this list to hunt for links within bot net spam that point to these new domains. I'm now generating lists of domains that are definitely used for spam and probably pointing to FF used for fraud. But I don't yet have the information I need to detect FF.

Even with what little data I have this is working. And it would have 0 impact on free speech. (Unless the free speech were being advertised using botnet spam). I'm going to write a detailed explanation of how to do it. This will be the link.

http://wiki.junkemailfilter.com/index.php/Fast_Flux

There's nothing there yet. But I'd appreciate it if this link could be included in the report and labeled as an opinion of one of the group members for further exploration.

Thoughts?