ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Please review and respond - Fast Flux WG

  • To: marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Please review and respond - Fast Flux WG
  • From: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:44:22 -0800

Marika asked:

#Following the low attendance on the last two calls,

Managed to make both of them <small bow> :-)

#I would like to ask you to indicate whether you are still interested
#in participating in the Fast Flux Working Group.

Yes.

#There are still a number of important tasks ahead such as the creation
#of the final report which incorporates the public comments received and
#a discussion and decision on which recommendations, if any, the group
#is willing to support as a whole in the final report. Those on the
#call today already had a brief exchange of views on next steps and
#all seemed to support the review and integration of the public comments
#received into the final report.

That's correct, and I think that step would be relatively straightforward/
simple.

#There was some discussion whether the work of this group should be handed
#over to the Registration Abuse Policies (RAP) WG, but there was no
#agreement on that approach and some questioned whether this issue would
#be in scope of the RAP WG.

I view this as a task that might interact with the RAP WG, but not one
which would naturally be the primary focus of that activity. I'd prefer
to NOT see it transitioned that direction.

Given the amount of time and effort that people have put into this
to-date, I *would* really like to see the work of the group result in a
final report.

Regards,

Joe

Disclaimer: all opinions strictly my own.