ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Section 5.8

  • To: joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Section 5.8
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:49:15 -0700

Joe and Group:

I agree with Joe's first point (below), that governing TTL values is
probably a dead end.

Like many registrars, we offer basic DNS services with default values
for TTL.  This is sufficient for the majority of customers.  Registrants
can override these defaults (within reason) by accessing an "advanced
DNS" control panel.  But it is fair to assume that anyone bent on
mischief would see this tool as a hindrance / exposure vulnerability,
and simply set up their own nameserver.

J.