ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] DRAFT text for Section 5.9

  • To: "'Fast Flux Workgroup'" <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] DRAFT text for Section 5.9
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:37:40 -0700

Not necessarily.  Innovation is not necessarily stifled by regulation.
Banks are heavily regulated, yet they are managing to innovate in mobile
spaces.  If mobile operators had to get on a whitelist in order to use super
fast TTLs, I imagine they could live with that and be unaffected in their
future innovation (once they get whitelisted).