ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Comment References, Interim Conclusions and Next Steps

  • To: Greg Aaron <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Randy Vaughn <RL_Vaughn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Comment References, Interim Conclusions and Next Steps
  • From: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 07:54:02 -0700

To be clear, I said "meet the false-positive criteria that are set". I think
zero false positive (100% accuracy) is an impractical accuracy objective. A
practical false positive rate ought to be based on risk, liability, as much
as technology.

If registries set zero false positive as the criteria, then I suspect they
will have human examination (which could also make an error).