ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-frn-dt]

[gnso-frn-dt] so here's a new scam -- just started a few weeks ago

  • To: gnso-frn-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-frn-dt] so here's a new scam -- just started a few weeks ago
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 08:23:57 -0600

hi all,

so the first one was just weird, but this is the third.  so i guess it's a
trend.  kindof a variant of the TLD-slamming scam.

these guys stick a dash into one of my names and then try to sell it to me.
i'll probably get about 4 attempts on this one, just like the ones for
ca-fes.com and shel-ter.com.

they *had* to get this info from WHOIS -- the email address they used is only
published thereā€¦  so it's a scripting thing against the WHOIS database.

mikey

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Domain Notification" <domaininfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: January 7, 2012 8:04:23 AM CST
> To: "O'Connor, Mike and Marcie"
> Subject: end-paper.com
>
> Do not miss acquiring end-paper.com
>
> Dear O'Connor, Mike and Marcie,
>

> Now is the time to make aproposal on end-paper.com before it is offered to
> the general public. This allows businesses to take more control of their
> immediate market and insure greater success.
>
> Please provide an interest by following this link:
> http://criandoarte.com/4700935yevuki-LAG
>
> Most companies own all domains, whether it is .com, .net, .org etc., to
> ensure they do not lose any clients or sales to further grow and enhance
> their business.
>
> We look forward to getting you your Domain Name shortly.
>

> SEO advantages:
>
> Increasethe number of visitors
> Improve the brand identity
> Increase in revenues
> Improve online visibility
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Marketing Development Team
> 111 N Canal St Suite 1890
> Chicago, IL 60606
>
> If you are not of interest please opt out here:
> http://criandoarte.com/u/4700935yevuki-LAG

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com