- To: "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gnso-geo-dg]
- From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:05:01 -0400
How does everyone feel about the following draft motion for the Council
meeting on 4 September?
Olga - Would you be willing to make the motion?
Draft Motion regarding GNSO Comments re. Geographic Regions
* In its meeting on 2 November 2007 the ICANN Board approved
resolution 07.92 requesting "that the ICANN community, including the
GNSO, ccNSO, ASO, GAC, and ALAC, provide the ICANN Staff with input on
the ccNSO Council's resolution relating to ICANN's Geographic Regions"
* In an email to the GNSO Council dated 15 July 2008 Denise Michel
requested the GNSO "provide input, if any, on the suggested formation of
a community wide working group, and its mandate"
* In its meeting on 17 July 2008 the GNSO Council agreed to form a
drafting team in response to the ICANN Board request on ICANN Geographic
* The drafting team submitted its recommendations for GNSO
comments to the GNSO Council on 26 July 2008
* The GNSO Council expresses sincere appreciation and thanks to
the following members of the drafting team: Olga Cavalli (NomCom
appointee & chair), Clint Crosby (IPC), Glen de Saint Gery (ICANN
Staff), Chuck Gomes (RyC), Tony Harris (ISPCPC), Robert Hoggarth (ICANN
Staff), Marika Konings (ICANN Staff), Kristina Rosette (IPC), Tim Ruiz
(RC), Philip Sheppard (CBUC), and Ken Stubbs (RyC)
* Council representatives are asked to forward the recommendations
to their respective constituencies for discussion and comment as
applicable and be prepared to finalize the GNSO comments in the Council
meeting on 25 September 2008.