ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-gtld-dt]

RE: [gnso-gtld-dt] Kick-Off: Call for input on: "Impact of new gTLDs on ICANN's structure"

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'david.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <david.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-gtld-dt] Kick-Off: Call for input on: "Impact of new gTLDs on ICANN's structure"
  • From: <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:34:32 -0700

All,

I know that each individual constituency (I am participating in the work
of the BC, for example) has taken up the request from the Chair as has
the GNSO Council.  From our -- the Council's -- particular angle, I
agree most with those who have pointed out the potential conflict
between new players who want to participate immediately and the map of
the "on ramp" ICANN has spent a long time designing.

To that point, I would encourage the wider distribution of and a
brighter light on the road to effective and meaningful participation.
Here is the link: http://gnso.icann.org/en/about/participation.htm

I know it is weak to fall back on process, but unless ICANN is going to
be remade -- from the ground up -- it will be necessary for new people
and companies to quickly understand the methods.

Cheers,

John Berard
Founder
Credible Context