ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-dg]

[gnso-idn-dg] status from today's call

  • To: <gnso-idn-dg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-idn-dg] status from today's call
  • From: "Tina Dam" <tina.dam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 23:50:31 +0100

Just a quick FYI to those not on the call today 9and anyone else following
the email list). The call took place and we spend about an hour discussing
objective and content of the paper we are going to deliver to the GNSO
Council (see specific topics for deliverable content areas in my previous
email).

Based on today's call Avri volunteered to write a draft statement over the
weekend that we then will discuss on our second call on Tuesday next week -
this call will be immediately (after a 15min break) after the IDN call on
the ccNSO-GAC IDN Issues paper. This will be quite a long day for IDN
discussion for those taking part in both calls, however the thought was to
take advantage of having both topics discussed immediately after one
another.

For clarification purposes, the call on the issues paper is with a focus on
providing answers to the specific and detailed policy issues listed, whereas
our group and the resulting statement is to focus on overall process and how
the community need to work together on a long-term solution while supporting
a short-term and limited fast-track solution. This without setting a
precedence for how long-term allocation of new TLDs into the existing ccTLD
and gTLD space is conducted. This statement will potentially be provided to
the ICANN Board, however, this will be discussed by the GNSO Council before
a decision is made on continued actions.

Today's call was recorded and made available online as usual practice.

Tina Dam

Director, IDN Program

ICANN

Cell: +1-310-862-2026