ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] One comment on techno-policy details

  • To: "Tina Dam" <tina.dam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] One comment on techno-policy details
  • From: "Charles Shaban" <cshaban@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:20:11 +0200

Thanks Tina but I think we should aim for the future when the whois
will be 8-bits and can display the different scripts. But for now and
speaking as someone who works daily with trademarks I can assure you
that all the trademark owners will consider the name with and without
the xn-- "confusingly similar" since it is expected that it will be
abused to take advantage of famous trademarks.

Regards,

Charles