ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

[gnso-idn-wg] Giving credit and attention to prior work of local communities

  • To: gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-idn-wg] Giving credit and attention to prior work of local communities
  • From: Steve Crocker <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:43:55 +0100

I just spoke about alternate roots and said they were not healthy for the Internet. That said, I want to agree very strongly with the idea that ICANN -- and all of us -- should indeed pay attention and learn from the work that's been done in the local communities.

From my perspective, I am eager to learn about such work. I expect there will be a mix of two things. One is the effect being achieved to provide support to the users, and the other are specific implementation approaches. We may learn that it's important to provide users with good ways of dealing with scripts but perhaps the implementations need to be modified to fit into the overall Internet.

Steve

Steve Crocker steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Try Shinkuro's collaboration technology. Visit www.shinkuro.com. I am steve!shinkuro.com.