ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

RE: [gnso-idng] Purpose & Scope of IDNG WG (if formed)

  • To: <gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idng] Purpose & Scope of IDNG WG (if formed)
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 08:29:27 +0800

Hi Chuck,

Perhaps my reading of 4.1.4 is different from yours...
===
4.1.4. One String per new IDN gTLD:
Agreement that the approach of the New gTLD PDP with one string for each new
IDN gTLD application is relevant, except in the rare cases when there is a
need to cover script-specific character variants of an IDN gTLD string.
===

I am not sure what the problem is you see.  It does have provision for
variants.

As for 4.1.3, that is covered by language table requirements which is the
same case as IDN ccTLD Fast Track (and in fact incorporated into the New
gTLD Applicant Guidebook as well).

I am ok to delete or modify the sentence as suggested, but just want to
understand what your concerns may be.

Edmon