ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

Re: [gnso-idng] motion for IDNG WG formation

  • To: <gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idng] motion for IDNG WG formation
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 14:16:52 -0400

I took your "discussed" in the same way as Chuck's "We talked a long time ago", that is just talk. The January motion did have a date in it, albeit in reference to another event. Specifically, the date of posting DAG V2. If our advice had been followed, it would have made for a mighty long 4 months.

In any case, I have no problem with Council doing something like this again. I just wanted it to be clear that we had (unsuccessfully) given similar advice before.

Unfortunately, this kind of advice from the GNSO (unlike the output of formal policy processes) tends to have the same impact as advice from ALAC to the Board. It goes into a large black hole...

Alan