ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

Re: [gnso-idng] RE: same string registered at 2nd level across different IDN gTLDs [RE: [gnso-idng] rethinking IDN gTLDs]

  • To: gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idng] RE: same string registered at 2nd level across different IDN gTLDs [RE: [gnso-idng] rethinking IDN gTLDs]
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 18:00:39 +0100

(hope people don't mind that i trim the to: and cc: list to only the mailing
list, i know thatisot the common practice, but somehow i feel compelled to do
it)

On 5 Dec 2009, at 17:02, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

> We could, for instance, answer the question asked, which, if any, of the
> "four overarching issues" are materially different for IDNs?

Could be an intesting thing to really explore.

> Steve's made the point that the IPR issue is materially different for
> non-Latin IDNs.

As much as i respect that fact that Steve knows infinitely more about what IPR
people care about then I do, I do not believe that one person's view of why
they haven't spoken up on non Latin IPR issues can be taken to mean that the
actual concerns, once investigated, are not the same, similar or related.

a.