ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] Affiliation Amendment

  • To: "ntfy-gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <ntfy-gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] Affiliation Amendment
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:03:42 -0800

Dear All,

The next call for the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP)
Working Group is scheduled on Wednesday 28 November 2012 at 15:00 UTC

Please find the MP3 recording of the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group  teleconference held on Wednesday 14 November 2012
at 1900 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-20121114-en.mp3

On page: <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#sep>
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#nov

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Alan Greenberg – ALAC
Chuck Gomes - RySG
Lanre Ajayi - Nominating Committee Appointee
Osvaldo Novoa-ISPC
Chuck Gomes - RySG
Kiran Malancharuvil – IPC
Jim Bikoff – IPC
Brett Faussett – IPC
David Maher – RySG
Stephane Hankins - IPC
Elizabeth Finberg – RySG
Thomas Rickert – Nominating Committee Appointee
Mary W.S Wong - NCSG
David Heasley - IPC
Avri Doria – NCSG
David Opderbeck - NCSG
Ricardo Guilherme - RySG
Evan Lebovitch – ALAC
Robin Gross - NCSG
Heidi Vanderveen – At Large

Apology :
Gregory Shatan – IPC
Iliya Bazlyankov – RrSG
Paul Diaz – RySG
Christopher Rassi – Red Cross

ICANN Staff:
Margie Milam
Barbara Roseman
Brian Peck
Berry Cobb
Glen De Saint Géry
Julia Charvolen

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julia Charvolen

For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript:
 Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 14 NOV IGO-INGO Conference Call.
  Ricardo GUILHERME (Universal Postal Union):hello all
  Kiran Malancharuvil:Hello all.  I'm here with Jim Bikoff and David Heasley.
  Bret Fausett, Uniregistry:I will have to leave the call after the first hour,
if it goes that loong, to attend the ICANN New gTLD     Webinar.
  Kiran Malancharuvil:nice try Brian
  Mary Wong:Hi everyone, sorry I'm late (had another mtg in a different bldg).
  Berry Cobb:Thank you Kiran.  I had missed his changes within the email chain.
  Bret Fausett, Uniregistry:Not to mention olympic.com<http://olympic.com/>.
  Kiran Malancharuvil:Thanks Berry. Sorry for being a pain, but can you add the
additional paragraph from the  IOC at the end of Greg's changes?
  Berry Cobb:Kiran, I'm having difficulty finding it.  Can you cut & paste the
first 5 or so words so that I may search for it?
  elizabeth.finberg:The GNSO Resolution establsihing this PDP specifically asks
us to address Red Cross/IOC
  Kiran Malancharuvil:We were just disconnected, trying to reconnect
  Berry Cobb:@ Kiran, got it now.
  Kiran Malancharuvil:great...just found it myself
  Kiran Malancharuvil:asking them not to duplicate efforts does not pre
  Kiran Malancharuvil:*prejudice other organizations
  Kiran Malancharuvil:it's directed to GC
  Kiran Malancharuvil:that's fine with us
  Kiran Malancharuvil:thank you Ricardo for suggesting an acceptable solution
  Thomas Rickert:I am suffering from some technical issues. Just got a new
router installed in my hotel room so I can at least access adobe.
  Thomas Rickert:Can I have a dial-out again, please!
  Thomas Rickert:My line was disconnected, too :-(
  Ricardo GUILHERME (Universal Postal Union):"…taking into account the work
previously done as well as any relevant information shared on IGOs/IOC/Red
Cross Red Crescent…"and including IGOs below as well (.
  Mary Wong:NCSG is fine with the language as is, though we take Ricardo's
point.
  Berry Cobb:Ricard, can you please provide your revision here in the text box
please?
  Berry Cobb:Ricardo.  sorry.
  Kiran Malancharuvil:yes, please provide your revision in the chat so we can
see please.
  Ricardo GUILHERME (Universal Postal Union):here it is: "...and research on
the topic. be provided.."
  David Maher:+1
  Kiran Malancharuvil:that's fine with us
  David Maher:+1
  Ricardo GUILHERME (Universal Postal Union):so the beginning could read as
follows as well: "....taking into account the work previously done (including
any previous correspondence, determination and research on the topic)..."
  David Maher:+1
  Ricardo GUILHERME (Universal Postal Union):yes, it's better now
  Mary Wong:Fine by us (NCSG).
  Ricardo GUILHERME (Universal Postal Union):+1
  Berry Cobb:v4.1 Adopted by WG of GCO Request was just sent to the mail list.
  Bret Fausett, Uniregistry:I need to drop from this call and hop onto another
ICANN conference. I will look forward to listening to the MP3 and reading the
minutes.
  Ricardo GUILHERME (Universal Postal Union):I second Alan's comment, which
mirror some of my concerns
  Ricardo GUILHERME (Universal Postal Union):I mean "mirrors"
  Berry Cobb:Council Call is at 11:00 UTC
  elizabeth.finberg:my call just dropped.  dialing back in
  Alan Greenberg:GAC advice is not binding on the GNSO. In fact, it is not
binding on the Board, but if the Board chooses to not follow GAC advice, there
is a carefully laid out process to follow.
  Ricardo GUILHERME (Universal Postal Union):perhaps we can craft some language
around that
  Evan Leibovitch:Why is that necessary?
  Alan Greenberg:Good question Evan.We all know that we reject GAC adviec at
our peril. ANd we wouldbe foolish to do that without conscious action.
  David Maher:I'm available on the 21st
  Berry Cobb:Retreat does not equal a ski trip to the Alps.  We're working!  :-(
  Thomas Rickert:sorry my line was cut
  Thomas Rickert:since I cannot discuss with you now, I would like to NOT skip
two subsequent weeks
  Kiran Malancharuvil:that's fine with us
  David Maher:I have to drop off. Sorry
  Ricardo GUILHERME (Universal Postal Union):I must leave the call as well;
thank you to all and have a good night (I am sending, to the ICANN staff, the
proposed language relating to my first remark within the next minutes). Thanks
  Mary Wong:Thanks, Thomas, Berry, Brian and everyone - talk to you soon!