ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] RCRC Comments on the WG IGO/INGO template

  • To: gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] RCRC Comments on the WG IGO/INGO template
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:42:15 +0400

Hi,

I support this position.

And would add that prior decisions by the Board and the GAC have no binding
influence on the procesess or recommendations of the GNSO.  Certainly should be
considered as part of the informational flow, but this is a bottom-up process
and as such directives from above have no special merit making them more
important than other community input.

Part of the reason we are stuck in the position is because at every step of the
way, various parties have tried to trump the GNSO policy process by appealing
to Authority.  It is time for that appeal to be dropped in favor of genuine
participation in the PDP process.

Getting back to law.  If something is indeed illegal, then take it to the
appropriate court for action.

avri