ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] RCRC Comments on the WG IGO/INGO template

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] RCRC Comments on the WG IGO/INGO template
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:27:25 +0000

I would add once again something I have said before: if there are clear and
definitive laws that protect IOC & RC names as well as certain IGO names, then
ICANN staff simply needs to enforce registry agreements because registries are
required to follow applicable laws. A policy could be developed to facilitate
compliance with laws, but it would not be totally necessary.

Chuck