ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] SG/C Request for Input v0.4

  • To: Berry Cobb <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] SG/C Request for Input v0.4
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 06:37:20 +0000

Thanks Berry.

The first key element of the charter says: "Quantifying the Entities whose
names[ICRC1]  should be Considered for Special Protection ".  Is there a reason
why we say 'quantifying' instead of 'identifying'?  Is this the way it is
worded in the charter?  The reason I ask is this: knowing how many there are
(i.e., quantifying) would be good information to have but doing that without
identifying the organizations might not be very helpful unless we define
precise criteria without naming organizations, which would be okay in my
opinion.  Maybe we should say "quantifying and/or identifying as applicable".

Chuck