ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] IGO-INGO Work Effort Straw Man

  • To: "'Berry Cobb'" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] IGO-INGO Work Effort Straw Man
  • From: "Shatan, Gregory S." <GShatan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 15:30:45 +0000

All:

I have attached suggested revisions to the Straw Man.  In particular, I have
removed the suggestion that the WG must reach Consensus on the question of
whether additional protections are needed before any of the rest of the work of
the WG can proceed.  I have removed this for two reasons:

1.        There is no procedural requirement that we reach Consensus on this
issue.  Specifically, the work of the WG should proceed to its conclusion
regardless of how its various members are aligned (unless we achieve Full
Consensus that no additional protections are needed).  To do less would be
contrary to the Charter.

2.       I think this question is intertwined with, and the answer(s) will be
informed by exploring the issues set forth in the remainder of the Straw Man.

Also, while I have amplified rather than removed the exploration of the nature
of the problems to be resolved, I do want to state that we have ample resources
(e.g., the Final Issues Report) from which to glean such information.

Apologies if my firm's metadata filter "anonymizes" the comments/revisions on
the attached.  I can send it in a zip file if need be, which would preserve the
identifications.

Best regards,

Greg

Gregory S. Shatan