ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - 12 December 2012

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - 12 December 2012
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:21:19 -0800

Dear All,

The next call for the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP)
Working Group is scheduled on Wednesday 19 December 2012 at 19:00 UTC

Please find the MP3 recording of the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group  teleconference held on Wednesday 12 December 2012
at 1900 UTC at:

 http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-20121212-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#sep>dec

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Thomas Rickert - NCA -Working group chair
Wilson Abigaba - NCSG
Donna Austin - AusRegistry
Lanre Ajayi - Nominating Committee Appointee*
Iliya Bazlyankov - RrSG
Mason Cole - RrSG
David Maher - RySG
Elizabeth Finberg - RySG
Chuck Gomes - RySG
Jonathan Robinson RySG
Alan Greenberg - ALAC
Robin Gross - NCSG
Stephane Hankins - IPC
David Heasley - IPC
Kiran Malancharuvil - IPC
Jim Bikoff - IPC
Greg Shatan - IPC
Claudia MacMaster Tamarit - ISO
Osvaldo Novoa - ISPCP
Catherine Gribben - Red Cross

Apology :
Paul Diaz - RySG
Avri Doria - NCSG
David Roache-Turner  WIPO
Mary Wong - NCSG
Ken Stubbs - RySG
Wolfgang Kleinwächter - NCSG
Cintra Sooknanan - NPOC

ICANN Staff:
Margie Milam
Barbara Roseman
Brian Peck
Berry Cobb

Glen de Saint Géry

Adobe Chat transcript:

Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 12 DEC 2012 IGO-INGO Conference Call.

  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello all

  Jonathan Robinson (Registries SG):Hello all.  Apologies I only have a short
time on the call this evening.

  Kiran Malancharuvil:Hi Glen,  Jim Bikoff is also on the call.  Thank you!

  Alan Greenberg:David also chaired the STI group that developed the URS.

  Glen de Saint Gery:Thanks Kiran, I have added him to the attendance list!

  Kiran Malancharuvil:We can send out an email from the desired email address
and just ask people to reply.  Would that be successful?

  Berry Cobb:@Kiran - Yes, that will work

  Kiran Malancharuvil:Great.  I don't want to get spammed!

  Kiran Malancharuvil:I'm not sure we should be questioning the reasoning
behind the laws.  That opens this conversation up to issues way beyond our
scope.

  Alan Greenberg:Jim may be correct if the answer is exhaustive, but that does
not stop having examples of limitations of protection.

  Kiran Malancharuvil:Agreed.  It is important to have that information in the
spreadsheet so we can develop appropriate exceptions as the IOC/RCRC Drafting
Team did for the top-level protections.

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Sorry, my call dropped after I spoke.

  Mason Cole:Apologies all, I need to leave the call.

  Greg Shatan:I need to step off the call but I will try to return.

  Elizabeth Finberg:+1

  Chuck Gomes:Are David Maher & Greg Shatan okay with combining the two
subgroups?

  Greg Shatan:I am on chat but not call.  What is the proposal?

  Kiran Malancharuvil:Can you send that question to the list for us to respond?

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):agree

  Alan Greenberg:There already is a motion on the GNSO Council agenda on the
specific RDRD/IOC issue

  Alan Greenberg:RCRC

Thank you.

Kind r egards,