ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] IGO-INGO AC Chat Log

  • To: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] IGO-INGO AC Chat Log
  • From: "Berry Cobb" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:02:17 -0700

Hi Glen,

The next scheduled meeting is for 9 JAN 2013 @ 19:00 UTC.  We may need a
hint of Adigo assistance for sub-teams between now and then.  I will let you
know.

AC Transcript for 19 DEC 2012

The chat history has been cleared

Berry Cobb: Welcome to the 19 DEC 2012 IGO-INGO Conference Call.

Kiran Malancharuvil: Jim Bikoff and David Heasley are both on the call as
well.

avri: red lines in tables eventually break in word.

avri: and especially if anyone uses OpenOffice on OfficeLibre for doc files,
the files will become a real mess,

avri: i still think wiki table with history a version comparison is a better
tool.

David Opderbeck: What about using Google Docs?

Chuck Gomes: Do wiki tables support redlining?

avri: yu can use hostory comparison quite easily.

Osvaldo Novoa: Sorry, I'm Late

Chuck Gomes: Is that a no on the redlining?

avri: i find the hiostyr comarison mechanism very easy to use and it does
note who made what change.

Chuck Gomes: I am willing to use whatever is decided.

avri: me too, i  will any tool, including one i have never heard of before.

avri: just wanring based on what i have seen in groups this large
manipulating a common file.

avri: So basically you are seprating postive conditions as criteria and
negative ones as elegibility?

avri: and who does elibibilty check is implementation. No?

Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO): how about "evalution"?

Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO): evaluation, sorry.

Chuck Gomes: It is good to remember that the community can and should be
involved in implementation work as well as policy work.

avri: thanks i am less confused now.  i acept that the status quo wins on
this issue

Berry Cobb: Eligibility Process

Alan Greenberg: @Chuck. Not only agree, but suggest that there MUST be
community involvement. We have enough cases (including the entire gTLD
implementation itself) .

Berry Cobb: It was Greg's.  Just correcting his use of Admission.
#confusion.  :-)

Greg Shatan: I agree with Berry

Kiran Malancharuvil: I just got disconnected as well

Kiran Malancharuvil: I'm sorry if you're trying to call on me next

Greg Shatan: Yes you were called on.

Kiran Malancharuvil: Sorry

Kiran Malancharuvil: tried to unmute and hung up instead

Kiran Malancharuvil: I'm back on now, thanks

Kiran Malancharuvil: Thanks Claudia, what we used to fill out the QC sheet
preliminarily was the official submissions to ICANN by the groups that are
being considered.  Not to impugn your input in the group, but I haven't seen
any written statement from ISO or the INGO community that specificially
answers the questions asked.

Kiran Malancharuvil: but I'm looking forward to your answers

Kiran Malancharuvil: and exploring the answers that you already submitted

avri: I do not think we ever resolved that question. I beleive AND is a
binary condition and not an OR.  I raly on trusth tables for my defintion.

avri: ..  truth tables ...

Greg Shatan: Sorry -- I am on chat but not phone

Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO): Kiran, the community already has access to
prior submissions.  Clearly this group is free to make other considerations
that may well be broader and more objective.

Kiran Malancharuvil: Indeed.  But we lacked any submission or statement from
INGO by which to work with, hence "TBD."  We look forward to your submission
via this table, and hopefully submissions from other INGOs

Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO): I agree.  It's important to avoid granting
special protections on a discriminatory basis but rather to consider
objective reasons to do so.

Kiran Malancharuvil: an excellent and concise statement of the mission of
this grop

Kiran Malancharuvil: *group

Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO): Agree with Alan

Kiran Malancharuvil: Thank Alan - that list comes from the submission of the
IGO community

Kiran Malancharuvil: and I believe it is the language of the Paris
Convention

Kiran Malancharuvil: Article 6ter

avri: Alan do you meant a red cross painted on the top of an ambulance is
this the same as a second level string and is not necessarily a legal
equivalent?

avri: ambulance is not the same ...

Alan Greenberg: Avri, I don't really have a clue. But I know that we need to
connect the dots between some treaty and a part of a domain name.

Greg Shatan: I am back on phone....

Kiran Malancharuvil: Claudia - do you mind speaking a bit slower?

avri: I do not think the Geneva conventions are as clear to all of those who
read them as being applicable to domoan names.  or even to the printed word.

wolfgang: I lost the connection. My battery went down. Can you call me in
again under *49-171-6324889?

avri: so i think we need a evauation fo scope of applciability

Kiran Malancharuvil: Avri - I think that's under "scope of protectios and
limitations" and we can definitely add your concerns and try to address them

avri: Kiran, thanks.

Kiran Malancharuvil: Thomas, it's really important to speak on Nature of the
Problem.  can the other group member speak to it?

Glen de Saint Gery: Wolfgang is back on the call

Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO): agree with Greg

Berry Cobb: If members have an interest in joining anothe sub-team, please
email me your request and I will make sure to add you to the sub-team
mailing list.

Berry Cobb: Otherwise, you are free to email the sub-team lead directly to
express your changes/suggestions to the spreadsheet.

avri: Just becasue something is not agreed to, does not mean in is not
objective.  Though of course evidence should be offered.

Berry Cobb: Volunteers to the NOTP are encouraged.

Greg Shatan: I am on chat but had to get off phone...

David Opderbeck: I will also report to Robin as a member of her committee...

Berry Cobb: Thank you David O.

Greg Shatan: Back on phone...

avri: seems like the opition should be included in the sheet in any case.

Berry Cobb: @Greg, it is listed as Row 11 of Protections SS.

Greg Shatan: Oops my bad... Had trouble scrolling.  Dang Excel.

Berry Cobb: When proposing adding criteria to a particular spreadsheet, team
leads should review the other tabs just to ensure it may not have been
picked up by another.

Evan Leibovitch: Not much to say. Under the weather. Just following along.

Berry Cobb: As an FYI to the WG, the GNSO Council meeting is tomorrow.  the
IOC/RCRC DT Recommendations is on the agenda.  Stay tuned.

avri: 2nd is ok for me.

Berry Cobb: FYI, by tomorrow I will have explored other tools for our work
package.  Default is to remain in spreadsheet, but I will explore a few
other tools to see if gain anything.

Kiran Malancharuvil: Thanks Berry, for all your hard work on this!