ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - 30 January 2013

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - 30 January 2013
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 15:58:01 -0800

Dear All,

The next call for the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP)
Working Group is scheduled on Wednesday 6 February 2013 at 19:00 UTC

Please find the MP3 recording of the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group  teleconference held on Wednesday 30 January 2013
at 1900 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-20130130-en.mp3

On page: http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#jan

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Jim Bikoff - IPC/IOC
Chuck Gomes - RySG
Alan Greenberg - ALAC
Catherine Gribbin - Red Cross
Stephane Hankins - NCSG
David Heasley - IPC/IOC
Debra Hughes - NPOC
Evan Lebovitch - ALAC
David Maher - RySG
Kiran Malancharuvil - IPC/IOC
Christopher Rassi - Red Cross
Thomas Rickert – NCA –Working group chair
Greg Shatan - IPC
Claudia MacMaster Tamarit - ISO
Jonathan Robinson - GNSO Council Chair - RySG
Mason Cole - GNSO Council vice chair - RrSG

Apology :
Mary Wong - NCSG
Lanre Ayaji - NCA
Wolfgang Kleinwaechter - NCSG
Alain Berranger - NPOC
Iliya Bazlyankov - RrSG
Donna Austin – AusRegistry
Avri Doria - NCSG
Osvaldo Novoa - ISPCP

ICANN Staff:
Berry Cobb
Brian Peck
Julia Charvolen

Adobe Chat transcript:
  Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 30 JAN 2013 IGO-INGO Conference Call.
  Osvaldo Novoa:i
  Kiran Malancharuvil:Brian, will you provide these findings in writing to the
group?
  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello all, I am trying to get on the phone
  Alan Greenberg:Wasn't the question whether the is a prohibition on
registering the neames, not using the name??
  Alan Greenberg:that is, the registrars or registries processing the
registrations
  Osvaldo Novoa:I am on line now
  Berry Cobb:Thank you Osvaldo.  You are up next to review the ISPCP input
response.
  David Maher:@Thomas    +1
  Julia Charvolen:Catherine Gribbin joined the meeting
  Berry Cobb:I pasted the GC request in the left-hand pane.
  Berry Cobb:Final version of GC request can also be found @:
https://community.icann.org/display/GWGTCT/General+Council+Legal+Review+Request+Drafts
  Kiran Malancharuvil:Greg +1
  Evan Leibovitch:I agree with Alan
  Berry Cobb:I started a thread on the list with the GC request pasted.
  Alan Greenberg:It is perhaps not our problem, but we should also be aware
that if we grant protection better than exact match, the IP community is not
going to ignore it...
  Evan Leibovitch:I'll let Alan speak to this.
  Evan Leibovitch:Yes, he certainly did express my PoV
  Thomas Rickert 3:Thanks, Evan!
  Alan Greenberg:If the IOC.RC/IGO end up having the same criteria, so be it.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Greg +1
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Exactly.
  Evan Leibovitch:Sorry, I need to leave the call. Something unexpected came
up. I will stay on Adobe connect.
  Kiran Malancharuvil 2:Exactly Greg!
  Alan Greenberg:For the record, I will say again that I was never proposing
drawing a straight line between the answers and a recommendation from us. It
was just a tool to understand the environment we are tryin to affect.
  Kiran Malancharuvil 2:The justification is the law.