ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Nature of the problem / Evidence of harm discussion

  • To: gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Nature of the problem / Evidence of harm discussion
  • From: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 14:41:09 -0800

On 1: It is important to understand the harm in order to fashion a remedy. If we don't look at actual harm, we won't know if our remedy will actually address the harm. So an examination of the harm is necessary for a complete discussion of what specific problem we are fixing.

On 2: Those seeking special privileges to domain names bear the burden of being willing to provide the information needed to come to an independent judgement that the requested privileges are warranted.

Thanks,
Robin