ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Exception Procedure

  • To: David Heasley <dheasley@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Exception Procedure
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:52:34 -0400

I must say that I generally agree with Robin an Mason. More pointedly, I do not think that this proposal is even self-consistent.

Ignoring for the moment, the delay in carrying out this procedure, I fail to understand how something could be inexpensive (when we are talking about a domain name that might cost $10 per year), and still use dispute processes similar to those we already have in place (such as the lowest price mechanism, the URS, which is expected to cost about $300).

Alan