ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] RySG Recommendations

  • To: "cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] RySG Recommendations
  • From: Jim Bikoff <jbikoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:03:04 +0000

Dear Chuck and all,

Thank you for this report on the RySG Recommendations.   We second the report,
and thank the RySG for moving the Working Group toward consensus.

We agree that protecting the IOC words as requested, and as detailed in the
Applicant Guidebook and the new gTLD Registry Agreement, comports with GAC
advice and the Beijing Communiqué, and advances the fundamental principles of
new gTLD policy governing rights protection, objectivity and minimization of
user confusion.

One small point of clarification regarding Section C under RySG Policy
Recommendations :   As we clarified in Beijing, the IOC is not requesting
protection of its acronyms.

We look forward to discussing the matter further on this week's call.

Best regards,

Jim

James L. Bikoff
Silverberg, Goldman & Bikoff, LLP