ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] Draft Initial Report for IGO/INGO PDP WG

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] Draft Initial Report for IGO/INGO PDP WG
  • From: Brian Peck <brian.peck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 11:01:03 -0700

To the Working Group Members,

Please find attached the draft version of the IGO-INGO Initial Report for
your review.

In line with the discussions led by Thomas on our last call, the primary
objective of this Report is to highlight to the community the policy
recommendation options which the WG has considered in order to solicit
direct feedback and/or indications of support for specific options.  After
receiving community input the plan would be to hold a consensus call for the
proposed policy recommendations on special protections.

As a result, the focus of the Report is Section 4, with less emphasis on
history, background, process/next steps. The Report notes to the community
that the proposed recommendation options do not represent a consensus
position and thus, we attempted to not include stakeholder positions on any
of the possible recommendations or any consensus level indications as
observed by the Chair or WG.  We have suggested some specific questions to
the community to solicit feedback which are included in the Objectives
Section.

We would greatly appreciate your review and submission of comments/edits you
may have in a timely manner so that we can publish the Report for public
comment by 30 May, which will give us enough time with the Reply Period to
meet the submission deadline for Durban.  In making edits/comments to this
Report, we would ask that any positions or comments on the proposed
recommendations be made through the public comment period rather than
through this Report.

 Input Deadline:  29 May 12:00 UTC
 Next Meeting:  29 May 2013, 16:00 UTC

 We will review the report and discuss proposed edits and changes at our
next meeting on the 29th.  It is important to have your suggestions
submitted by the deadline as to allow merging with the master copy of the
report.

****NOTE****

When providing feedback, please save a copy of this MS Word document with a
change of the file name to indicate who you are or represent.  Track changes
are turned on.  Please submit all comments you have about the report within
the Word document.  We would like to ensure we collate all feedback in one
location.

Thank you in advance for your continued support and contributions to this
WG.

Best Regards,

Brian

Brian Peck