ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] Protection of the IOC designations

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] Protection of the IOC designations
  • From: Jim Bikoff <jbikoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 22:27:49 +0000

Dear colleagues,

The attached draft reflects our comments and suggested revisions.

We recommend that the Initial Report should make reference to the IOC/RCRC
Drafting Team, which considered the subject of special protections for IOC and
RCRC designations extensively before the IGO/INGO PDP Working Group was
constituted.

 We note that the table of national statutes in the annex to the General
Counsel opinion should be amended to include the Mexican statute, General Law
of Physical Culture and Sport (Published in the Official Journal of the
Federation on February 24, 2003) Article 71, which protects the IOC names. This
change was noted previously in working group teleconferences.

Thanks to Brian, Berry and everyone who contributed for their hard work.

Sincerely,
Jim
James L. Bikoff
Silverberg, Goldman & Bikoff, LLP