ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Proposed Agenda: IGO-INGO Meeting for 12 JUNE 2013 @ 16:00 UTC

  • To: GNSO IGO INGO <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Proposed Agenda: IGO-INGO Meeting for 12 JUNE 2013 @ 16:00 UTC
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 07:20:43 -0400

Hi,

My point was not that isn't harm.  There may or may not be harm depending on
how you define it, and I acknowledge that lots of groups have shown what they
consider to be harm.  I do not think we have all accepted the same definitions
or beleive that there is the same degree of harm in the activities that have
been described.

But that was not my point.

Mine was that any harm that may or may not exist, exists in the current TLDs
and that therefore all protections considered for new gTLDs, must be applied to
existing gTLDs.  What I do not think passes the fairness principle is setting
rules for new gTLDs that are not applicable to existing gTLDs.  I therefore
beleive that before deciding on any new special considerations in the PDP, we
need to look at how they could be applied to the existing gTLDs.

avri