ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Proposed Agenda: IGO-INGO Meeting for 12 JUNE 2013 @ 16:00 UTC

  • To: GNSO IGO INGO <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Proposed Agenda: IGO-INGO Meeting for 12 JUNE 2013 @ 16:00 UTC
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:15:13 -0400

On 12 Jun 2013, at 10:07, Thomas Rickert wrote:

> In that regard, I would like to hear from the group - in particular Avri -
> whether the reference made to existing TLDs in 4.4. is deemed sufficient.

I thought it was sufficient until I read Chuck's note.  I think there is
content in Chuck's note that should be added to 4.4.
I just want to make sure we don't lose sight of this.

> As we move on with our work on the substance of our task, we will surely
> discuss the issue of incumbent TLDs in more depth.

ok

> Also, if there were additional points on the report, please let us know.
> Please bear in mind that - as Chuck rightfully said - there will be the
> opportunity for all of you to comment on the report.

true.

But the longer it is on the table, the more often I will read it, parts of it
at least, and the more often I will find things to comment on.
Just the nature of the beast.

For example had I not been looking for mention of the incumbents, I would not
have noticed that the report did not mention our strong exception to special
exemptions.
I know that I am essentially ready to agree that at the end of today's phone
call you go live with the initial report.

avri