ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] RE: Proposed Public Comment Period for Initial Report

  • To: <Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] RE: Proposed Public Comment Period for Initial Report
  • From: Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 18:22:02 +0200

All,
it is true that comment periods should not overlap with ICANN meetings.
However, I guess that this is to make sure that ICANN meetings do not shorten a
21 day comment period.

In this case, we have proposed to have a longer comment period of 30 days
because of the ICANN meeting. To be quit honest, I fail to see the benefit of
having a shorter comment period only to have it ending before the meeting.

In my discussions with Brian and Berry, we agreed it would be perceived a
benefit to have the 30 days. Have we been so wrong?

Thomas