ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO MP3 - 26 June 2013 at 1600 UTC

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO MP3 - 26 June 2013 at 1600 UTC
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 05:47:01 -0700

Dear All,

Sincere apologies for the delay in sending you with the MP3 email.  It was set
up but in drafts emails.

The next IGO-INGO Protections policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group
call is scheduled in Durban.

Please find the MP3 recording of the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group teleconference held on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 at
1600 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-20130626-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb>jun

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Jim Bikoff – IPC/IOC
Avri Doria – NCSG
Chuck Gomes – RySG
Alan Greenberg – ALAC
Catherine Gribbin – Red Cross
Wolfgang Kleinwächter – NCSG
David Maher – RySG
Judd Lauter – IOC/IOC
Osvaldo Novoa – ISPCP
Thomas Rickert – NCA –Working group chair
Greg Shatan – IPC
Claudia MacMaster Tamarit – ISO
Joanne Teng - WIPO
Mason Cole - GNSO Council vice chair – RrSG

Apologies:
Guilaine Fournet – IEC
Christopher Rassi - Red Cross

ICANN Staff:
Berry Cobb
Brian Peck
Mary Wong
Julia Charvolen

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript 26 June 2013:
 Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 26 JUN 2013 IGO-INGO Meeting.
  Julia Charvolen:Greg Shatan joined the call
  Julia Charvolen:Mary Wong joined the meeting
  Julia Charvolen:Joanne Teng joined the call
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute line if not speaking
  Julia Charvolen:Chuck Gomes joined the call
  Julia Charvolen:I am checking with operator
  Julia Charvolen:for the noise
  Julia Charvolen:Claudia MacMaster Tamarit joined the call
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Agree with Chuck.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Also agree with Alan
  Mary Wong:That is a surprise to me, Thomas!
  Alan Greenberg:I have no doubt that Mary could do a fine and balanced job at
this, but the optics of having a former WG member do this are probably bad.
  Berry Cobb:FYI....Kevin Murphy will not be in Durban
  Mary Wong:Sorry I don't have a mic on so will type.
  Mary Wong:Thx to all for their confidence in me - am fine doing it but what
about Alan's question on optics?
  Julia Charvolen:Avri Doria joined the meeting
  Avri Doria:apologies for being late.
  wolfgang:I am sorry I have to leave the call for the next 30 minutes. Will be
back in half an hour.
  Greg Shatan:I have no personal concerns on the optics, and every confidence
that Mary would moderate evenhandedly and skillfully.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Agree with Greg and Chuck
  Greg Shatan:@Chuck -- agree that two heads could be better than one., given
the complexities.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Would also support the use of aprofessional
facilitator. Preferrable.
  Berry Cobb:As an FYI, we will have to confirm Bruce's availability.  Luckily
our Wed session does not have much competition with other session topics.
  Mary Wong:You guys are swelling my head! Glad to do whatever the WG wishes.
  Mary Wong:Sorry, I lost audio too ... back in a minute.
  Berry Cobb:As part of our public comment review (from the report), we will
also include community comments in the public forums.  Both will be loaded into
our public comment review tool for the WG to consider in the next version of
the report.
  Berry Cobb:We will extract public forum comments from the transcripts.
  Mary Wong:And I think we are going to use the Board's public forum countdown
clock - aren't we, B & B?
  Berry Cobb:@Mary, yes.
  Chuck Gomes:We need to encourage questions from the audience.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Thanks for that Berry, good to know.
  Mary Wong:Could the mods not just call on various WG reps to explain
positions/points that we may bring up while summarizing the
propositions/propsoals? As Chuck says, we can do this by having people raise
hands and you'll have to trust us to veer btwn WG members and community members
  Berry Cobb:Reminder, please complete the Doodle poll about your Durban plans.
 http://doodle.com/ubnavh3kippzy5tr
  Mary Wong:All, I need to drop off to catch a plane - not sure if it was good
(or not) that I dialed in :) - I'll catch up via transcript, recording and
emails re: what you guys decide.
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your line if you ere not speaking
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Agree with Alan.
  Chuck Gomes:@ Greg: Maybe E should be optional if timing allows
  Avri Doria:i think it needs to be talked about.
  Avri Doria:and i think it needs to be retroactive in some way or other.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Agree with Greg, esp when it comes to acronyms
  Alan Greenberg:Avri, in Durban??
  Berry Cobb:FYI, we also have a Monday F2F session on the schedule.  We will
talk about it towards the end of the call.
  Chuck Gomes:@ Avri:  How could it be retroactive?
  Avri Doria:that is the compklicating question, but it needs to be discussed.
  Avri Doria:it cannopt be assumed.  it the names need to protected, they need
to be protected.  mechanisms need to be developed for way to remove those TLDs
  Avri Doria:yes transfers is also a big issue even if you don't URS them
  Berry Cobb:Are there any other topic suggestions other than these 5, or have
we captured the biggest ones of most relevance?
  Chuck Gomes:I will be in Durban but may not be able to attend this session
because of a conflict with the Finance session.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I hope to remotely participate.
  Berry Cobb:Only caveuat to Monday, is conflicts with other sessions.
  Chuck Gomes:My conflict is on Wednesday
  Chuck Gomes:Thanks Thomas, Brian & Berry
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you everyone