ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] ICRC/IFRC Letter to ICANN Board

  • To: "'Berry Cobb'" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] ICRC/IFRC Letter to ICANN Board
  • From: "Shatan, Gregory S." <GShatan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 22:03:15 +0000

I’m having some trouble reconciling this letter with the PDP, our WG’s work and
the GNSO’s role in policy development.  Perhaps that’s because they cannot be
reconciled?  I note that virtually the only mention of our WG is a somewhat
peculiar reference to our preliminary report (which they state arrived as their
paper was being “finalised,” as if the ICRC was not participating in the WG)
and their public comment in response thereto.

I suppose we now have 3 “parallel processes,” to paraphrase Heather Dryden.

I think we are in danger of being overtaken by events, unless we believe that
events can thereafter be overtaken by us (and that a recommendation by the GNSO
to do so would survive a Board vote).

Greg

Gregory S. Shatan
Partner