ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] information on proposed next steps

  • To: gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] information on proposed next steps
  • From: Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:20:33 +0200

All,
as you know, the public comment period ended on August 7th.  Berry has sent
the consolidated public comments tool to the mailing list for your review.
As I mentioned during last week's call, submissions were only limited to
current stakeholders represented within the WG.  We will need to decide
whether we should spend time reviewing each comment line by line, but
recognize no comments external to the WG were submitted and that this public
comment period did not include any specific recommendations.  However, we
(the Chair with assistance by staff) have carefully reviewed the public
comments and made an attempt to incorporate comments into the
recommendations matrix. Thus, the matrix should accurately reflect the
current status of our deliberations.

Please note that we will go through the recommendation matrix cell by cell
to ensure that I have accurately assessed the level of consensus (or the
lack thereof) in the working group. It is our plan to use that as the basis
of putting together a set of recommendations that will be part of the
consensus call. In terms of timing, we hope to complete this discussion
within the next two weeks and then release to the mailing list a formal
consensus call on the potential recommendations.  Your active participation
will be important during the next few calls, and if you are unable to
attend, please respond to the mailing list whether you think that my
assessment of the consensus level is inaccurate.

We will present to you an updated work plan during the next meeting. You
will discover that the plan targets resolution of our efforts at the end of
October.  If this time table can be achieved, the outputs from this WG and
the GNSO Council may allow for enough time for the community, GAC, and ICANN
Board to consider the recommendations, if any, prior to their deliberations
in Buenos Aires.

Thank you and kind regards,
Thomas