ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - Wednesday 14 August 2013

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - Wednesday 14 August 2013
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 00:25:19 -0700

Dear All,

The next IGO-INGO Protections policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group
call is scheduled on Wednesday 21 August 2013 at 1600 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group teleconference held on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 at
1600 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-20130814-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb>aug

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Jim Bikoff – IPC/IOC
Elizabeth Finberg - RySG
Chuck Gomes – RySG
Zoe Marler for Catherine Gribbin – Red Cross Red Crescent
Stephane Hankins – Red Cross Red Crescent
David Heasley – IPC/IOC
David Maher – RySG
Judd Lauter – IOC/IOC
Christopher Rassi - Red Cross Red Crescent
Thomas Rickert – NCA –Working group chair
Greg Shatan – IPC
Claudia MacMaster Tamarit - ISO
Griffin Barnett – IPC/IOC

Apologies:
Avri Doria – NCSG
Osvaldo Novoa –ISPCP
Kiran Malancharuvil – IPC
Alan Greenberg – ALAC
Wolfgang Kleinwächter – NCSG
Guilaine Fournet – IEC
Chuck Gomes (1st hour) - RySG

ICANN Staff:
Berry Cobb
Mary Wong
Julia Charvolen

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript 14 August 2013:
Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 14 Aug 2013 IGO-INGO Conference Call.
  Judd Lauter:Judd Lauter, David Heasley, Griffin Barnett, and Jim Bikoff are
on the call
  Julia Charvolen:thank you Judd
  Julia Charvolen:Claudia MacMaster Tamarit joined the adobe connect
  Julia Charvolen:Greg Shatan joined the meeting
  Greg Shatan:Thank you Julia
  Julia Charvolen:sure
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):ISO IEC supported fee waivers at the top
level.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I'm a bit worried that these No cover up
minority positions.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I think it would be highly inappropriate to
erase positions now because they may be minority positions.  Especially since
this may not reflect a final consensus call.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):We agree, Thomas.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):We neither support nor oppose.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Less... about 140 if memory serves.
  Berry Cobb:Hi Chuck.  We started agenda item#4 about 15 min ago.
  Berry Cobb:We are reviewing the Scope 1/ Scope 2 identifiers, particularly
the INGOs.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):We could always leave both options for the
consensus call.
  Julia Charvolen:Chuck Gomes joined the meeting
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I really hope that we do see the ability to
vote for fee waivers, etc as an option.  I can think of a few voices who
supported it.
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your line if you are not speaking, thank you
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):We fully support acronyms being included in
something like the clearinghouse.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):We also support to include the names/acronyms
in Sunrise.
  Judd Lauter:raised hand on behalf of Jim Bikoff
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I'm sorry, but I must leave.  We've
highlighted our concerns.  Thank you again Thomas, and Berry, Julia and Mary.
And colleagues.
  Thomas Rickert:bye Claudia, thanks for your input
  Chuck Gomes:@ Greg:  How many acronyms are on that list?
  Greg Shatan:@Chuck:  I would need to check.  It's a database so I'm not sure
if you can see it all at once.
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you everyone