ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] - RCRC comments on the latest version of the WG Report

  • To: <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] - RCRC comments on the latest version of the WG Report
  • From: Stephane Hankins <shankins@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:14:06 +0200

Dear Thomas, dear all,

Thank you for circulating the revised WG Report, which reflects a
tremendous amount of work.

After reviewing this version, we note that the section and recommendations
dealing with the submissions of the RCRC could usefully be complemented to
more accurately reflect our amended position, as communicated in the
Public Comment we posted during ICANN's Durban meeting and during the WG
calls and email exchanges since then.

As stated in our message of 11 September (copied below), we would find it
useful that the table of WG Recommendations (on page 68) be amended to
fully reflect our requests pertaining to the protection of so-called
"Scope 2" RCRC names, and notably our ask that the "Scope 2" names be
awarded the same top and second-level protections as those included in
"Scope 1" (and thus, although we realize that the consensus within the
Group may be lacking and that there is divergence).

For ease of reference, we have reproduced our propositions relating to
Scope 2 identifiers below, as they could be added to the table:
·        Top-Level protections of Exact Match, Full Name Scope 2
identifiers of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement are placed in the
Applicant Guidebook section 2.2.1.2.3, Strings "Ineligible for Delegation"

·        For RCRC Scope 2 identifiers, if placed in the Applicant
Guidebook as ineligible for delegation, an exception procedure should be
created for cases where a protected organization wishes to apply for their
protected string at the Top-Level
·        Second-Level protections of only Exact Match, Full Name Scope 2
identifiers of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement are placed in
Specification 5 of the Registry Agreement
·        For RCRC Scope 2 identifiers, if placed in Specification 5 of the
Registry Agreement, an exception procedure should be created for cases
where a protected organization wishes to apply for their protected string
at the Second-Level

We are attaching herewith a revised version of the draft Final Report
based on its latest version (changes introduced on pages 37-39), and will
await the final text of the Report and the conclusions of today’s WG call
before submitting, as may be required, a new minority position.

Best regards,

Stéphane and Chris
Stéphane J. Hankins
Legal adviser
Cooperation and coordination within the Movement
International Committee of the Red Cross
Tel (direct line): ++0041 22 730 24 19
Email: shankins@xxxxxxxx

Christopher M. Rassi
Senior Legal Officer
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Chemin des Crêts, 17 | 1209 Petit Saconnex | Geneva | Switzerland
Tel. +41 (0)22 730 4536 | Fax +41 (0)22 733 0395
Email: christopher.rassi@xxxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Stephane Hankins/DC_MOUV_CHF/GVA/ICRC on 18.09.2013
14:35 -----