ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] why are we doing this?

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, GNSO IGO INGO <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] why are we doing this?
  • From: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 06:35:34 -0700

On Sep 19, 2013, at 6:07 AM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> I certainly agree that this is 'an insidious trend'.  I was amazed that they
> mostly ignored the GNSO and the WG.  It is almost as if they have written the
> GNSO off.
>
> Chuck

I can only underscore this sentiment and say how difficult it is to grow
participation in the community when policy is increasingly being taken out of
the hands of the community and placed in the hands of fewer and fewer people
(staff-board) entirely divorced from the processes outlined in the
organization's bylaws.

Robin