ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO INGO WG call - Wednesday 23 October 2013

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO INGO WG call - Wednesday 23 October 2013
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 00:43:26 -0700

Dear All,

The next IGO-INGO Protections policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group
call is scheduled on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 at 1600 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group teleconference held on Wednesday,23 October  2013
at 1600 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-20131023-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb>oct

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Griffin Barnett – IPC/IOC
Jim Bikoff – IPC/IOC
Elizabeth Finberg – RySG
Alan Greenberg - ALAC
Catherine Gribbin – Red Cross Red Crescent
Stephane Hankins – Red Cross Red Crescent
David Heasley – IPC/IOC
Judd Lauter – IOC/IOC
David Maher - RySG
Christopher Rassi – Red Cross Red Crescent
Thomas Rickert – NCA –Working group chair
Greg Shatan – IPC
Claudia MacMaster Tamarit - ISO

Apology:
Ricardo Guilherme – RySG / UPU
Osvaldo Novoa - ISPCP
Joanne Teng - WIPO

ICANN Staff:
Berry Cobb
Mary Wong
Julia Charvolen

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript 23 October 2013:
 Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 23 Oct 2013 IGO-INGO Conference Call.
  Alan Greenberg:Can't afford to miss call if we don't have quorum??
  Alan Greenberg:If we don't have sufficient attendance the call is  rather
moot.
  Alan Greenberg:On now, but can't speak for the moment.
  Greg Shatan:I am on the phone line and on here.
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your mic if you are not speaking
  Julia Charvolen:thank you
  Julia Charvolen:Griffin Barnett joined the meeting
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Shall we suggest changes to recommendations
by email?
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I disagree. Unless we don't change the
recommendation blocking acronyms
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):knowing the level of "divergence" is going to
be crucial.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Since it was really consensus against.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):The better solution of course will be to
change the language of the recommendation.
  Elizabeth Finberg:I apologize for being late.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Agree fully
  Greg Shatan:That is one way of dealing with the misleading "divergence" level
of consensus....
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Thank you Thomas.
  Alan Greenberg:Greg, is there another way within the bouns of the approved
list of statuses that we have to work with?
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I had originally understood that minority
positions would not be published as recommendations, but included as minority
statements.  That not being the case, we now have this sticky issue. But we can
agree with Thomas to address this once all comments have been received.
(However, since many external public comments are indeed against acronym
blocks, it’s natural to make a note about it for further discussion.)
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Agree fully with Thomas and Alan
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Yes, indeed. Thanks Berry!
  Greg Shatan:@Alan, to answer your question above, It could be called Minority
View.  But perhaps that requires the opposite viewpoint to be stated as
Consensus, SSBSO or Divergence....
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):It's our first time in a working group, but
not a first time reading such comments.  We appreciate this form!
  Greg Shatan:@Claudia (2 above):  They are only listed as minority statements
(see page 37 etc. of Report).  Nonetheless, we should be more clear that there
is no significant support for a clawback process.
  Greg Shatan:I do like this format.  Thanks for all the hard work to distill
these.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Yes.
  Julia Charvolen:Christopher Rassi joined the call
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Well said
  Alan Greenberg:Again the word "recover" alsoth the repetitiveness of these
comment have the smell of a letter-writing campaign.
  Alan Greenberg:alsoth - although
  Greg Shatan:Yes, some astroturfing going on here.  Hardly the first time. :-)
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):We have nothing to add Thomas.  That sounds
quite right.
  Berry Cobb:Thank you all!
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Thank you Thomas! And All!
  Mary Wong:Thank you all, bye!