ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] is anything happeing

  • To: Gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] is anything happeing
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:10:16 -0400

Hi,

Just got back from the incredibly intense IGF weeks and am trying to catch up
of my ICANN responsibilities.

I remember that I signed up for this group.  I was quite please we had started
this group which I assumed would be responsible for oversight of the many
implementation facets of the improvement effort the GNSO has been involved in.

I see stuff being implemented, but saw nothing from this group and was
wondering if perhaps I had just lost track.

Are we on? Are we functioning? do we have a group, a charter, a structure ....

Will be be reviewing the staff's implementation plans before they are actually
deployed so we can be sure the meet both the letter and spirit of the policy
changes the council has been approving.

Also I am expecting that in the act of implementing, various inconsistencies
and other anomalies will occur.  At some point the OSC and PPSC will declare
themselves done with the work of original policy planning and the task would
fall to this group to recommend any policy changes needed to fix those
anomalies (or at least that is how I understood it).  I assume that is what
this group will be doing and from the motion, which I supported the NCSG
council members voting for, I figure that is what the council approved.

But nothing has happened yet, and the implementation, like practices and forms
for proxy voting, are starting to roll out without this group having taken a
look at the plans to understand their conformance with the policy
recommendations.

As I say, maybe have has my mind was elsewhere and I not noticed, if so someone
please forgive me and fill me in.

thanks
a.

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>