ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] DOI

  • To: "Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>, Working Group <gnso-ppsc-wg@xxxxxxxxx>, PPSC <gnso-ppsc@xxxxxxxxx>, gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>, gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx, Gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] DOI
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:37:42 -0400

As the new GNSO policy requires written notification of DOI and specifically
includes academic advantages among the examples of possible advantage, I hereby
make the following statement:

As a part time academic it is possible that someday I may possibly chose to
write an article about ICANN and GNSO internal processes, their history, their
development and/or their effects.  Since such an article, if it were to
published in a refereed journal or included in a conference proceeding, might
count as an achievement within the university system and could even resort to
financial advantage for my department within the Swedish educational system, I
hereby register a possible academic interest in my participation in any and all
of the process Work Teams and committee currently underway in the GNSO.

I also point out that I am not currently working on such an article and that
the possible writing and eventual publication of such an article in no way
motivate my attendance or any contributions I may or may not make to such ICANN
GNSO work. Though having written the DOI, it strike me that perhaps working on
such an article might be interesting, thus making the DOI itself an activity
that might become the impetus to create an interest.