ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Chair / ViceChair election

  • To: <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Chair / ViceChair election
  • From: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 22:12:15 +0200

All,

at the meeting yesterday we agreed to elect a Chair and ViceChair by
E-Mail voting. There are 3 candidates for either position: Avri, Philip
and myself.

My proposal for a (simple) election process:

1. all members (primes + alternates) shall have 1 vote; staff not
included; makes 13 votes at the time being

2. Vote first for Chair; after Chair election vote for ViceChair

3. Chair election
- simple majority vote
- in case of a tie a 2nd round should decide by majority vote between
the two tied

4. ViceChair election
- between the 2 candidates left
- simple majority vote

Question: since this is a "Standing" committee which is supposed to
exist on a longer term mshould we limit the Chair and ViceChair term?
E.g. 2 years term with the eligibility for future terms.

Glen may serve as the election "manager".

Please comment.
After having reached an agreement we should start the election.

Kind regards
Wolf-Ulrich