ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

RE: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Chair / ViceChair election

  • To: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Chair / ViceChair election
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 16:50:38 -0400

Makes sense to me, Wolf-Ulrich

Ray

From: owner-gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 4:12 PM
To: gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx

All,

at the meeting yesterday we agreed to elect a Chair and ViceChair by E-Mail
voting. There are 3 candidates for either position: Avri, Philip and myself.

My proposal for a (simple) election process:

1. all members (primes + alternates) shall have 1 vote; staff not included;
makes 13 votes at the time being

2. Vote first for Chair; after Chair election vote for ViceChair

3. Chair election
- simple majority vote
- in case of a tie a 2nd round should decide by majority vote between the
two tied

4. ViceChair election
- between the 2 candidates left
- simple majority vote

Question: since this is a "Standing" committee which is supposed to exist on
a longer term mshould we limit the Chair and ViceChair term? E.g. 2 years
term with the eligibility for future terms.

Glen may serve as the election "manager".

Please comment.
After having reached an agreement we should start the election.

Kind regards
Wolf-Ulrich